Greater Rochester Area


Twin Cities Metro


Serving the Greater Rochester Area and the Twin Cities since 1988

K & S Heating, Air Conditioning, Plumbing, LLC BBB Business Review

Category Archives: Carbon Monoxide

Carbon Monoxide in your Home


Testing for carbon monoxide is important for the safety and health of everyone in the home. Carbon monoxide is a gas that can be found in your home. It can be odorless, tasteless, and also difficult to detect by anyone. To help prevent carbon monoxide in your home, you will want to invest in a carbon monoxide detector for your home. This is the most efficient and effective way to have the home tested for carbon monoxide gas. You can also contact us, and we can recommend where and what to buy to help protect you and your family.


There are several different sources that can cause carbon monoxide in your home. Some are things you may not use until the winter months, but others can be used now. Any gas space heaters or gas stoves can be a main cause of carbon monoxide poisoning. You should also be aware of furnaces, chimneys, generators, gasoline powered equipment, or even back drafting can be other issues. If you are not sure if the areas are properly working, make sure to contact us and we can inspect them for you. We can also check the carbon monoxide detectors for you as well.


When you have a gas space heater, you will want to make sure that it is properly vented. This is the same for all gas appliances as well. Doing so will help allow enough space so that carbon monoxide does not build up. You will also want to make sure that all space heaters are less than twenty feet from a door, window, or other vent source. This will help ensure it can air out properly rather than going into your home. Also make sure to check the chimney and furnace as well. Check the chimney to make sure that it is not being blocked. Carbon monoxide can build up if the chimney is blocked.Top of Form

Bottom of Form


Summer Care for your Air Conditioner

Summer care


Keeping your home cool is important, especially in the summer. You will also want to make sure that the air quality is the best that it can be. This will help you and your family has a more enjoyable home, while also making the air easier to breathe. If you notice that the air seems harder to breathe, or there is an odd odor, make sure to contact us. We can inspect the home and making sure that your HVAC system is working properly. We can also test the air quality in your home as well.


The most important thing that you should have for your home is a smoke detector and a carbon monoxide detector. These are beneficial because their alarm system will go off when it notices carbon monoxide or smoke in the air. You should have one on each floor, and ideally have one outside of each bedroom as well. This will help incase there is an issue when your family is sleeping.


Also remember that the HVAC filter should be inspected on a regular basis. Make sure it is clean of any build up of dirt and dust that could be in the air of your home. You should also change and replace the filter on a regular basis as well. If you are not sure how often this schedule should be, make sure to call us and we can advise you on it. We can also inspect the HVAC system for you. Checking the filter is important, so make sure you do not ignore it.

Knowing what Carbon Monoxide is


Carbon monoxide is a toxic gas. It is so dangerous because it is clear, odorless, and only can be detected with a carbon monoxide detector in your home. There is no taste, which makes it even more difficult to detect during carbon monoxide leaks. A furnace that is not properly maintained can cause carbon monoxide in your home. It is very dangerous to those who breathe it in because it pushes out oxygen from the blood, taking its place.

It is the most common to see carbon monoxide poisoning during the fall and winter. This is due to the increased use of heaters, generators and gas furnaces. There are a number of symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning, most of which are also symptoms of illnesses. Some of the more common symptoms could include symptoms like headaches, nausea, dizziness, and shortness of breath. You might also have flu like symptoms and a chance of confusion as well. If you are feeling faint or having abdominal pains, you may want to test the air in your home for carbon monoxide.

If you have any of these symptoms, make sure to go to the doctor and not ignore them. If these symptoms are experienced at work, ensure that your employer is made aware of them. If these symptoms are experienced at home, consult a doctor with your concerns.

Testing the air quality is a great way to know if you have carbon monoxide. A detector is the most recommended method, but you can also contact us, and we can inspect the air quality in the home for you.


K&S has been your trusted Heating, Air Conditioning, Plumbing and Electrical partner since 1988.

Count on our unmatched Experience and the Quality you know from K&S